Monday, August 29, 2011

Research can never prepare you for the pain.


Today was the day of our CVS procedure and I thought I was prepared for what was to come. But let me tell you no amount of research ever prepares you for having a 6 inch needle shoved into your placenta through your abdomen and uterus. When the doctor said you may feel slight cramping in your uterus, did nothing to prepare me for the ice pick that was slammed into my uterus and cervix. My research also didn't prepare me for the fact that the doctor would then need to twist and tilt said 6 inch needle.

My mom was kind enough to take a few pictures while everything was happening. Please ignore my neon white skin tone :)


looking for the placenta

Lots of iodine

getting ready to put the needle in

Can you see how white my fingers are from squeezing Leo's hand


If you look real close you can see the needle sitting on my lap.





No comments:

Post a Comment